Emmanuel Christian Church (ECC) Gloucester is a body of people who believe
in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour; who meet to worship the living God,
maker of heaven and earth. ECC Gloucester started in 2008 to provide free
worship, where members can express themselves to develop a deeper love for
God; to grow in their personal ministry and to become sensitive to the leading
of the Holy Spirit. Emmanuel Gloucester seeks to be a multi-cultural church that
serves across the Gloucestershire community.
"Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which
the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which
He purchased with His own blood." - Acts 20 v 28
the love of Christ compels us." - 2 Corinthians 5 v 14a
- our Vision
We exist to evangelize and worship the Lord Jesus in His totality (the
Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) and to experience His life, His death
and His resurrection.
Our Mission as we follow Jesus
Our mission is -
- to impact the life (reached and unreached) of our generation with
the life-giving word of God, by building reconciliation and Christ-centred
- to support and sponsor developing ministries through leadership
training, office and financial church administration;
- to build unity among ministers and ministries to the glory of God.
Here are some key scriptures of our fellowship.
2 Corinthians 5 v 14 "For the love of God compels us..."
Ezekiel 3 v 17 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel;
so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me."
Hebrews 9 v 28 "...so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many
people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring
salvation to those who are waiting for him."
An explanation of
What We Believe ...
The programmes and activities governing the form of worship of Emmanuel
Christian church shall be based upon and at all times be consistent with
the following creeds and beliefs:
1. We believe in the scripture of the Old and New Testaments in their original
writing as fully inspired by God, and accept them as the supreme and final
authority for faith and life.
2. We believe in one God eternal, existing in the three persons - Father,
Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by
the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and
thereby incurred the penalty of sin which is death, physical and spiritual;
that all human beings inherit a sinful nature which issues (in the case
of those who reach moral responsibility) in actual transgression involving
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and substitutionary
sacrifice according to the scriptures and that all who believe in Him are
justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus, His ascension
into heaven and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who repent of their sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ
by faith are born-again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of
9. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit, empowering and equipping
believers for service, with the accompanying supernatural gifts of the Holy
Spirit, and in fellowship with the Holy Spirit. We believe in the divinely
ordained ministries of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher.
10. We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the
eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those
who have rejected the offer of salvation.
11. We believe that the one true Church is the whole company of those who
have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that
the local church on earth should take its character from this conception
of the Church spiritual and therefore, that the new birth and personal confession
of Christ are essentials of Church membership.
12. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances - Baptism
in water and the Lord's Supper - to be observed as acts of obedience and as
perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of identification with Christ
in burial and resurrection, and that the Lord's Supper is the partaking of
the emblems symbolic of the Saviour's broken body and shed blood, in remembrance
of His sacrificial death, till He comes.
We believe that divine healing was provided for in the Old Testament and
is an integral part of the Gospel.
14. We believe the Bible teaches that, without holiness, no man can see the
Lord. We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as a definite, yet progressive
work of grace, commencing at the time of the new and continuing until the
consummation of salvation.
15. With regards to sexual behaviour and orientation, we believe in heterosexual
relationships between a natural man and a natural woman within the confines
of lawful matrimony.
16. The Church is open to any further truth which the Holy Spirit may illuminate
from the scriptures.
Where are we? (scroll down to see a map)
Note: We no longer meet at the United Reform
Church in Park Road, which has closed.
We are now in Upton Street,
opposite St James City Farm: see Map below:
to see the Google map
Emmanuel Church Gloucester
We are part of
Emmanuel Christian Church South Africa - see